PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE PAGES ARE NO LONGER UPDATED.
CMA INFOBASE: an index of clinical practice guidelines produced or endorsed by a Canadian medical/health organization, professional society, government agency or expert panel within the last 5 years; compiled by the Canadian Medical Association
- Screening high-risk populations for lung cancer: Cancer Care Ontario’s Program in Evidence-based Care.September 2013.[PDF]
- Spirometry in primary care. Canadian Thoracic Society.January 2013. [PDF]
CMAJ: clinical practice guidelines in different topics such as Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis
Canadian Thoracic Society: guidelines and standards for Asthma, COPD, Respiratory, Sleep apnea, and Tuberculosis; compiled by the medical section of the Canadian Lung Association
- 2014 Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Driving: A Canadian Thoracic Society and Canadian Sleep Society position paper.[PDF]
Guidelines and Protocols Advisory Committee (BC) The Clinical Practice Guidelines have been developed by the Guidelines and Protocols Advisory Committee on behalf of the Medical Services Commission. The Guidelines are intended to give an understanding of a clinical problem, and outline one or more preferred approaches to the investigation and management of the problem. GPAC contain clinical practice guidelines in different topics as Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and Sleep apnea.
Nursing Best Practice Guidelines adopted by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario that contains guidelines for Asthma, COPD, and Smoking Cessation.
Toward Optimized Practice (TOP):TOP evidence-based resources include clinical practice guidelines in different topics as Infectious Disease, and Respiratory.
American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)) Clinical Practice Guidelines: AARC Guidelines enhance respiratory practice and provide a framework for RT protocols.
- Blood gas analysis and hemoximetry. July 2013 [PDF]
- Effectiveness of Nonpharmacologic Airway Clearance Therapies in Hospitalized Patients. December 2013 [PDF]
- Surfactant Replacement Therapy: 2013. February 2013 [PDF]
American College of Physicians: ACP’s evidence-based clinical practice guidelines cover many areas of internal medicine, such as the screening, diagnosis and treatment of COPD and other major diseases, as well as medical technology; recently published guidelines for COPD
- Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Adults: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians, 2013. [PDF]
- BTS Guideline for diagnostic flexible bronchoscopy in adults. August 2013.
- BTS Guidelines on Pulmonary Rehabilitation. September 2013.
Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA): The GINA guidelines are evidence-based and have been developed through the collaboration of experts from around the world. They include information about asthma epidemiology, pathogenesis, prevention, and socioeconomics as well as asthma management plans.
Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD):The GOLD guidelines are evidence-based and have been developed through the collaboration of experts from around the world. They include information about COPD risk factors, pathogenesis, prevention, and diagnosis, as well as COPD management plans that include recommendations for treatment, rehabilitation, and health education that can be adapted to various health care settings.
- Global Strategy for Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of COPD. February 2013. [PDF]
National Guideline Clearinghouse: an international public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (currently 356 available for Respiratory Tract Diseases.)
Page last updated: September 4, 2014.